The Temple seeks a full-time Communications Director who is ready to hit the ground running as an integral part of our leadership team. The candidate must possess excellent communication and collaborative skills in order to build strong relationships with the clergy, staff and lay leadership and plays an integral role in promoting The Temple-Tifereth Israel to its members and the community. We seek someone who is resourceful; calm under pressure; and possesses strengths in strategic multi-tasking, big picture thinking, discretion, impeccable organization and attention to detail and follow through.
The Communications Director will develop a strategic communications plan for the organization, and s/he will lead and participate in the execution of that plan. The Communications Director reports to the Executive Director and collaborates with the professional staff, clergy, and lay leadership.
Communications Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy to integrate and infuse all channels with common messaging and approach including setting and guiding the strategy for PR messages, website content & structure, social media, community relations and collateral to articulate The Temple-Tifereth Israel’s mission & brand consistently with its members and in the community.
- Work with the staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Oversee the continued development and use of The Temple-Tifereth Israel brand, including embedding The Temple’s values and institutional priorities across all communication channels
- Develop or edit copy intended for public and member consumption to ensure its alignment with the strategic communications plan
- Oversee the Graphic Designer in the development of all print and branded materials
- Create and oversee electronic communications, including The Temple’s website, electronic newsletter and other electronic communications. A key priority will be a strategic assessment of The Temple website and its ability to be accessible and communicate our priorities & values
- Expand the Temple’s social media channels and presence strategically, curating content and increasing audience engagement
- Establish communication protocols and marketing strategy based on best practices, while balancing the myriad communication needs of clergy, staff and volunteer leaders
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare press releases, talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Serve as lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization and actively cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of issues of strategic importance as well as The Temple’s programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Manage relationships with any communications related vendors or consultants
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in a communications role
- Collaborative nature and demonstrated commitment to a team-focused culture
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Proactive and organized with strict adherence to deadlines and ability to support others in meeting deadlines
- Experience managing and executing across several communications media including the creation of press releases and comfort in media relations
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Experience with Wordpress and/or HTML
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Experience with Adode Creative Suite, preferred
- Strong entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
- Working knowledge of, or willingness to learn, Jewish traditions & customs and/or experience in membership organizations, preferred
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package
The Temple-Tifereth Israel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Temple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The Temple-Tifereth Israel is a warm, welcoming synagogue family where each person matters. We cherish our rich history and traditions and foster a dynamic culture of imagination and innovation. Members of all ages find meaning and inspiration by developing enduring personal connections with each other, Torah, God, the State of Israel, and the Jewish People, and through acts of justice and compassion.