The Temple seeks a full-time Engagement Associate to join our team. The candidate will have emotional intelligence, excellent communication and customer service skills, impeccable organization and attention to detail, and tremendous discretion; and the ability to strategically multi-task and remain calm under pressure. The Engagement Associate will often be the first point of contact for synagogue members, community partners and guests, and therefore must provide excellent customer service with a warm and welcoming demeanor. The Engagement Associate will serve as the concierge and point of contact for myriad synagogue programs and events. He/she will also provide editorial support on synagogue marketing and communication vehicles. This position supports the senior leadership team and collaborates with other administrative support professionals and the entire staff. The Engagement Associate reports to the Executive Director.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external constituencies in-person, on the phone and online for matters pertaining to membership, programs, services and event registration with exemplary customer-service and thorough coordination. This includes answering phones, routing calls & welcome visitors, ensuring they have a positive experience.
- Ensure all event registration information is accurately and efficiently collected, tracked and reported to relevant colleagues
- Prepare event/program materials for attendees
- Deliver editorial support on print and electronic marketing and synagogue communications with an exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Provide hospitality to all Temple guests and help to create a welcoming environment
- Provide administrative support and manage special projects as part of the administrative support team
- Cross-trained on administrative and project support to membership, operations, communication, worship, learning, and finance functions as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Tenacious resourcefulness, calm under pressure, impeccable organization, strategic multi-tasking, emotional intelligence, self-starter
- Impeccable commitment to customer service, consistently presenting a hospitable, friendly and warm demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and strong editing and proofreading skills
- Willingness to handle diverse workload, with a high degree of flexibility
- Commitment to a team-focused culture
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Strong adherence to deadlines
- Outstanding computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and/or G-Suite, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential information with compassion and discretion
- Ability to act as a gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to senior leadership as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience as an administrative assistant or other relevant experience
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com Salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package
The Temple-Tifereth Israel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Temple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The Temple-Tifereth Israel is a warm, welcoming synagogue family where each person matters. We cherish our rich history and traditions and foster a dynamic culture of imagination and innovation. Members of all ages find meaning and inspiration by developing enduring personal connections with each other, Torah, God, the State of Israel, and the Jewish People, and through acts of justice and compassion.