The Temple seeks a full-time Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our Facilities team. This position supports facilities and operations and interacts with the entire clergy, staff, and congregation. This position will need to be well-acquainted with the entire building. The candidate will have excellent customer service skills, impeccable organization and attention to detail, and the ability to strategically multi-task and prioritize work to be done. The Facility Maintenance Technician reports to the Director of Operations.
Requested Responsibilities and Skills
- Basic Electrical repairs and maintenance
- Basic HVAC preventative maintenance
- Basic drywall repair skills Performing minor to moderate level plumbing repairs including replacement/installation as needed.
- Repairing/replacing light fixtures and performing other minor electrical work
- Miscellaneous lock repairs
- Carpentry tasks such as installing door hardware, hinges, window repair/replacement, and shelving.
- Set ups and Tear downs for Events
- Routine Maintenance Responsibilities (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Annually)
- Performing minor preventative maintenance as assigned
- Taking work orders and prioritizing them in a timely manner
- Interacting on a regular basis with clergy, staff, and congregants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Tenacious resourcefulness, calm under pressure, impeccable organization, strategic multi-tasking, emotional intelligence, self-starter
- Impeccable commitment to customer service, consistently presenting a hospitable, friendly and warm demeanor
- Willingness to handle diverse workload, with a high degree of flexibility
- Commitment to a team-focused culture
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Strong adherence to deadlines
- Basic computers skills (Email, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential information with compassion and discretion
- Minimum of 2-5 years of proven experience as a facilities maintenance technician or other relevant experience
- Background check required
- Moderate knowledge of repair and maintenance to household appliances, plumbing and light fixtures.
- Able to operate basic hand/power tools (drill, saw, circular saw, plumbing hand tools, screw driver set).
- Able to function independently and as part of a team
- Strong multi-tasking and communication skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with experience and generous benefits package.
The Temple-Tifereth Israel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Temple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.