The Temple-Tifereth Israel seeks a part-time (20 hours per week) Administration Assistant to join our team, with primary responsibilities being in our Temple Learning Center. Tenaciously resourceful; calm under pressure; with technology expertise, big picture thinking, discretion, impeccable organization, strategic multi-tasking, emotional intelligence, and excellent communication skills. This position supports the efficient operations of the Temple Learning Center and The Temple overall. The Administration Assistant works closely with the Temple Learning Center leadership and teachers, as well as the Database Administrator, and is part of the Temple’s administrative support staff team. The Administration Assistant reports to, and works closely with, the Director of Learning.
- Data Management and Reporting
- Primary TLC support on databases (Raiser’s Edge) and Learning Center data (Google Suite and other reports)
- Oversee and implement the Learning Center registration and enrollment processes, ensuring student and family records reflect accurate information;
- Run attendance reports, class rosters, and other reports as needed
- Keep accurate student files and other student records to support families, teachers, and ensure compliance
- Manage teacher attendance and arrange for substitute teachers as needed
- Oversee the distribution of learner progress reports
- Oversee efficient operation of our Temple Learning Center
- Support the work of TLC leadership and teachers, as well as TLC families, by ensuring a high level of communication via phone calls, emails, and face-to-face contact.
- Manage TLC calendars, ensuring coordination with Temple master calendar and other community events.
- Maintain an organized office space, keep track of school/office supplies, and work with other members of the administrative team to order educational and office supplies as needed for TLC or individual classrooms.
- Staff the TLC Office and Temple front desk, including Sunday mornings 8:30am-12:00pm and Wednesday afternoons 3:00-5:30 pm, as well as approximately 14 additional hours in support of TLC and The Temple
- Work with Learning Center team and Director of Operations to plan life cycle and other events including Consecration, Confirmation, and Graduation
- Plan and oversee fire drills and other safety trainings in coordination with Operations Director
- Manage special projects as needed, Chanukah and other holiday celebrations
- Send weekly parent and teacher communications
- Collect and count Tzedakah and report to the finance office
- Temple Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support and manage special projects as part of the administrative support team. You will be part of the administrative pool and also be responsible for staffing the front desk/main switchboard of The Temple for 5-8 hours per week.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and strong editing and proofreading skills
- Willingness to handle diverse workload, with a high degree of flexibility
- Commitment to a team-focused culture
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Strong adherence to deadlines
- Outstanding computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and/or G-Suite, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential information with compassion and discretion
- Ability to act as a gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to senior leadership as needed
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience as an administrative assistant or other relevant experience
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Dina Rock at email@example.com
The Temple-Tifereth Israel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Temple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The Temple-Tifereth Israel is a warm, welcoming synagogue family where each person matters. We cherish our rich history and traditions and foster a dynamic culture of imagination and innovation. Members of all ages find meaning and inspiration by developing enduring personal connections with each other, Torah, God, the State of Israel, and the Jewish People, and through acts of justice and compassion.