The Temple-Tifereth Israel has a long and rich history of tzedakah. Your generous support, whether a donation to our All In annual campaign, a tribute gift in honor/memory of a loved one, the creation of a named endowed fund, or a testamentary gift in your estate plans, helps us live up to our mission and fully serve the needs of our members.
For more information about giving opportunities, please contact Interim Executive Director Kim Cole at 216-455-1700. To make a gift over the phone, please contact Assistant Finance Director Hope Miller at 216-455-6052.
All In Annual Fund Campaign
Our All In annual fund campaign sustains the programs that matter to all of our congregants, supports families in need, and make a difference in the lives of others. All In supplements the operating funds generated by membership dues and other funding sources. Please consider making a gift, at any level, as we aspire to increase overall participation and continued growth of our campaign.
Tribute Contributions can be made at any time to honor the memory of loved ones or to celebrate special occasions and milestones. Tribute donations can be made in honor of a bar/bat mitzvah, the birth of a baby, a graduation, or a wedding. Donations in memory of loved ones help us remember that person in a special and meaningful way. An acknowledgement card is sent to the person being honored, one who is ill, or to the family of the bereaved and contributions are acknowledged in the Temple Times.
Bima Flowers and Oneg Sponsorship
We invite you to support our congregation as a sponsor. Flowers for the Bima are a $60 sponsorship and continue to provide beauty by decorating our lobby during the week that follows. Another way to sponsor a Shabbat service is to provide the oneg that follows a service. The oneg is a special time when the community is able to further that special bond started by attending a service together. A nice nosh, drink, and schmooze are all benefits of sponsoring an oneg. Regular Shabbat service oneg sponsorship is $100. Sponsorship of Nefesh Shabbat and other special Shabbat services is $250. To become a sponsor, please contact the Finance Department by phone at (216) 831-3233 or by email at email@example.com or online.
Endowment funds, often named by/for the donor and with a designation for use, create a perpetual income source we can rely on for generations to come and ensures a lasting legacy and an enduring impact. Engaging education, high-quality programming and maintaining our beautiful facilities are all essential to this continued legacy.
Funds are established by congregants and other donors in order to:
- Honor or memorialize loved ones
- Support a program or activity which is especially meaningful to them
- Create a lasting legacy at The Temple
Planned Gifts, such as bequests and charitable gift annuities, provide a legacy for future generations.
- Estate Bequest: Making a provision in your estate plan for The Temple is simple and straightforward. It can be included in your will at its creation or added later by a codicil.
- Life Insurance: A life insurance policy one already owns or chooses to purchase can be assigned to The Temple as a beneficiary.
- Charitable Income Planning: A Charitable Gift Annuity or Charitable Remainder Trust provides the donor and/or their loved ones with needed current income, while providing a means to make a gift to The Temple after their lifetime.
- IRA or Retirement Plan: An IRA or retirement plan can be subject to high estate and income taxes. Consider using these assets first to benefit The Temple.
Please consult your tax advisor regarding your specific legal and tax situation. Information herein is not legal or tax advice.
Donations made be made online (via credit card or electronic check), by phone (216-455-6052), or by sending a check payable to “The Temple-Tifereth Israel” to 26000 Shaker Blvd, Beachwood, OH 44122. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent of the law. Donations will be acknowledged to the individual/family and a listing of donations is published in our monthly Temple Times bulletin.